Saturday, June 12, 2010

World Cup



The World Cup officially began on Friday with South Africa playing Mexico. When I was briefly watching the soccer game it hit me, that a week from now I will be in South Africa. That thought flooded my mind with so many emotions. I have been thinking about this and preparing for this since December and now I am facing my last few days here in the US before spending two months in South Africa. Just watching the World Cup game and seeing the atmosphere inside the stadium just gave me chills. I can only imagine what the excitement and buzz must be like right now in South Africa with the World Cup. I have no idea if I am going to be able to see a World Cup game or not, but just to be there with this event going on will only add to the great experience I am going to have. I am so excited to meet the students I will be working with as well as the South African teachers I will be working with and gaining so much information from there. As the days pass by the excitement is going to continue to grow. Soon I will be posting my first blog from South Africa... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment